Official Sweepstakes Rules
Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars AR Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules ("Official Rules") below.
- DESCRIPTION: The Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars AR Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 12:00:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) and end on Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 pm PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Fox Broadcasting Company, LLC, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90064 (“FOX” or "Sponsor"). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 2100 E. Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32803.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or Washington, D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified in the Entrant's entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the provided email address was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6749018aa4044296b2513bc888bdeca3 (the "Website") and following the online prompts to accurately provide all of the information requested. Entrants must follow the prompt to affirmatively accept the Official Rules and click the “Enter” button to receive one (1) entry (each an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”) into the Sweepstakes.
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Entry must be received by Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 pm PT. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must accurately provide all of the requested information to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period at any time prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted in these Official Rules.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZES: The following prizes are available in this Sweepstakes:
- Grand Prize(s): Eight (8) grand prize winners will each be selected to receive Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (USD$2,500), to be awarded in the form of a check (each a “Grand Prize,” collectively, the “Grand Prizes”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (USD$2,500). The total ARV of all Grand Prizes is Twenty Thousand Dollars (USD$20,000).
- Runner-up Prize: Twenty (20) Runner-up winners will be selected to receive Two Hundred Fifty Dollars (USD$250), to be awarded in the form of a check (each a “Runner-up Prize,” collectively, the “Runner-up Prizes”). The ARV of each Runner-up Prize is Two Hundred Fifty Dollars (USD$250). The total ARV of all Runner-up Prizes is Five Thousand Dollars (USD$5,000).
The Grand Prizes and the Runner-up Prizes shall sometimes hereinafter be referred to as the “Prizes.” The total ARV of all Prizes is Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars (USD$25,000).
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY SPONSOR. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Limit one (1) Prize per person. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer a Prize to another person. If a Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. If a winner cannot accept a Prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the Prize may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The value of the Prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. The ARV of any Prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the Prize is awarded or redeemed. The winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, if applicable, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize they receive. The stated ARV of each Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of the Prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. If a Prize is valued at $600 or more, the winner must provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes and an IRS Form-1099 may be issued for the actual value of the Prize received. Other restrictions may apply. If Prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the Prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from all eligible entries within approximately five (5) business days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The potential winners will be notified via email and/or telephone, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, within approximately ten (10) business days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The potential winners will be required to respond (as directed by the Administrator and/or Sponsor) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize and the Administrator will randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries. Potential winners will be required to verify address and complete, sign, and return within forty-eight (48) hours an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries for that Prize.
A Prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a Prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any Prize that he or she may win, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and release the Sweepstakes Entities, Fox Corporation, Fox Media LLC, Studio Ramsay Global, LLC, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and Prize suppliers and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the Prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the producers of Sponsor’s programs; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability for any actions, claims, injury, loss, damage, expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of any kind arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the Prize. Each Entrant authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material in any and all media, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at Sweepstakes Entity’s sole discretion without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, release forms, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; (vi) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; or (vii) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor's representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Entrant’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, participation in, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) the Entrant may have against Sponsor arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of any Prize and/or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles, California; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (5) the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the Entrant or Sponsor; (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD, and the Entrant is unable (or not required under the rules of JAMS) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on the Entrant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if Entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of Entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Creative Zing Promotion Group, ATT “Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars AR Sweepstakes" Winner List/Rules, 2100 E. Robinson, Orlando, Florida, 32803. Winner list requests must be received no later than July 31, 2023. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
Online, Print and TV Disclosures:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN the Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars AR Sweepstakes. Open to legal U.S. residents in the 50 United States & D.C., 18+ at the time of entry. Other restrictions apply. Sweepstakes begins 12:00 am PT on 5/16/23 and ends 11:59 pm PT on 5/31/23. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules https://www.fox.com/gordon-ramsays-food-stars/official-sweepstakes-rules/. Sponsor: Fox Broadcasting Company, LLC.