Super Monday Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The following promotion is intended for participants in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules ("Official Rules") below. Entrants are providing information to Fox Broadcasting Company and not to Twitter. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER.
- DESCRIPTION: The “Super Monday Sweepstakes” (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Saturday, January 18, 2020 and ends on Monday, February 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Fox Broadcasting Company, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90035 ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, Florida 32789. The Sponsor and Administrator shall collectively be referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities”.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents physically residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at time of entry and who meet all other entry requirements (“Entrant”). Entrant must be a registered user of Twitter. Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the Twitter account associated with the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the Twitter account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Sweepstakes Entities, Fox Corporation, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible Entrants must follow the steps below:
Step 1: Entrant must log into his/her non-private Twitter account. If the Entrant does not have an existing Twitter account, such account can be obtained for free by visiting Twitter.com and following the on-screen instructions to open an account.
Step 2: Entrant must tweet the excuse they will give their boss for taking the day off on Monday, February 3, 2020 along with the mandatory hashtags #SuperMonday and #Sweepstakes (the “Tweet” or “Entry”).
In order for an Entry to be considered eligible, it must meet the following criteria:
- The Tweet must comply with these Official Rules and comply with Twitter’s Terms of Service;
- The Tweet must respond to the Sweepstakes call-to-action and include the mandatory hashtags #SuperMonday and #Sweepstakes;
- The Tweet must NOT include names of third parties who have not expressly authorized the Entrant to feature their name, image or likeness in the tweet or otherwise use such name, image or likeness in accordance with these Official Rules;
- The Tweet must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, obscene, pornographic, violent, defamatory, libelous, discriminatory, offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
- The Tweet must NOT contain any third-party content that is protected by copyright (without the express prior written consent of the owner of such right) or include names and/or descriptions of any copyrighted media production, including, without limitation, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property; and
- The Tweet must NOT contain any derogatory references to any Sweepstakes Entities.
Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by Monday, February 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT. Entries in excess of the limit may result in disqualification of the Entrant. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations, logins, and/or any other methods will void such Entrant's entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
Entrants must accurately provide the requested information to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted on these Official Rules.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about Wednesday, February 5, 2020, five (5) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners will be contacted by the Sponsor via Twitter, either by direct message or a public facing comment on the Entry. Each potential winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. Each potential winner will be required to verify address, sign, and return within three (3) days of initial notification one or more forms covering eligibility, liability, advertising and (unless prohibited by law) publicity rights and such other documents as Sponsor or Administrator may provide (collectively, “Prize Acceptance Forms”). Failure to return the Prize Acceptance Forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If a prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Other restrictions may apply.
A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. For tax reporting purposes, each winner must provide the Sweepstakes Entities with his or her social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form-1099 will be issued to each winner in February 2021 for the full value of the prize received.
- PRIZES: Five (5) prizes are available in the Sweepstakes, each consisting of $10,000 USD, to be awarded in the form of a check.
Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. Each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities, Fox Corporation, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, contractors, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, likeness, statements, photo, biographical data, Twitter profile, city and state of residence in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winners’ list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. The failure of Released Parties to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. If a scheduled Mental Samurai broadcast (as reflected in the Entry Chart) is pre-empted, re-scheduled, or postponed, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Entry Periods and such modification will be communicated by the Sponsor through social media messaging. In the event of broadcast cancellation, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes early and to only award the prizes through such termination date. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- INDEMNITY: Each Entrant shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of the representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) the entrant may have against Sponsor arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles, California; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (5) the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only the entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant or Sponsor; (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD, and the entrant is unable (or not required under the rules of JAMS) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on the entrant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
- WINNERS /OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the names of the winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Super Monday Sweepstakes” Winners or Rules, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, FL 32789. Requests must be received no later than February 29, 2020.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter. Twitter is completely released of all liability by each Entrant in this Sweepstakes.