- Turkey In The Orchard Burger
- Saucy Bad-ass Burger
- Ultimate Gourmet Burger
- Best D.A.M. Burger
- David M's Burger
- Char Siu Pork Burger
- Bacon Marmalade Burger
- Chickpea Quinoa Burger
- Lamb Burger
- Beef And Veal Burger
- Stuffed Brie Burger
- Sweet Plaintain Bacon Burger
- The Clown Burger
- Lamb And Veal Burger
- Pork And Chorizo Burger
- Tuscan-Californian Burger
- Wagyu Burger With Duck Egg
- Pork Belly Slider
- Rack of Lamb with Parsnip Puree
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Creamed Kale
- Hoisin Duck with Crispy Bamboo Rice
- Obama's Sashimi
- Filets Three Ways
- Corn Budino with Chocolate Sauce
- Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Mushrooms
- California Roll
- Crispy Skin Rockfish
- Pan-Seared Rabbit Legs
- Chicken Tikka Masala Wrap
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Lemon Pancakes With Mixed Berries
- Thai Curry Trio
- Caramel-Ginger Apple Pie
- Poblano and Scallop Risotto
- Orecchiette with Tomato-Beef Sauce
- Dirty Lobster
- Pork Dumplings
- Achiote Buffalo
- Camarones Salteados
- Modern Loco Moco
- The Morning After Soup
- Crispy Fish Tacos
- Shipwreck Sea Stew
- Pan-Seared Soft Shell Crabs
- Homemade Chorizo and Potato Sopes
- Stuffed Grilled Eggplant
- Korean Braised Spicy Black Cod
- Cozze Ripiene
- Rustic Bolognese with Pappardelle
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- Pistachio-crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Kumamoto Oyster and Steak Tataki
- Tandoori Cod en Papillote
- Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa
- Crispy Risotto Cake with Truffled Egg
Modern Loco Moco
Recipe Courtesy of Alvin Schultz
My version of Loco Moco is inspired by friends and family. Food connects me with my friend Eleanor, who lives in Hawaii, and Harvey and Jessica, who live in Oregon. They introduced me to the original version of the dish, a pile of white rice, hamburger patty, and sunny egg all drowned in brown gravy.
I tried to elevate the dish and take it in the direction of an Eggs Benedict. The combination of tender short rib, sticky rice, and creamy 63.2° egg yolk, and earthy mushroom gravy is amazing!
- 4 whole eggs
For The Rice
- 2 cups short grain sticky rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For The Short Ribs and Gravy
- 4 beef short ribs, English cut
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms
- 1 carton beef stock
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil
- xanthan gum
- salt and pepper
To Make The Rice
Add 2 cups rice, 3.75 cups water, salt, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to rice cooker.
Do not open lid until cooking has completed and rice has rested at least 5 minutes.
To Make The Sous Vide Egg
Cook (in shell) in immersion circulator set to 63.2 degrees Celsius for 30-45 minutes.
To Make The Short Ribs
Season liberally with salt and pepper, then sear in pressure cooker on all sides.
Add bay leaf, beef stock, and shitake mushroom stems to pot.
Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes, let pressure release naturally.
To Make The Gravy
In a sauté pan, saute diced caps of shitake mushrooms.
Once browned, add reserved cooking liquid from short ribs. Reduce by half.
Season with salt and pepper. Add xanthan gum to thicken.
To Plate The Dish
Arrange a ring mold filled with rice on center of plate.
Top with Sous Vide Egg. Rest braised short rib next to rice at three o'clock.
Top egg, rice, and rib with mushroom gravy. Garnish with sliced green onion.
Modern Loco Moco