- Turkey In The Orchard Burger
- Saucy Bad-ass Burger
- Ultimate Gourmet Burger
- Best D.A.M. Burger
- David M's Burger
- Char Siu Pork Burger
- Bacon Marmalade Burger
- Chickpea Quinoa Burger
- Lamb Burger
- Beef And Veal Burger
- Stuffed Brie Burger
- Sweet Plaintain Bacon Burger
- The Clown Burger
- Lamb And Veal Burger
- Pork And Chorizo Burger
- Tuscan-Californian Burger
- Wagyu Burger With Duck Egg
- Pork Belly Slider
- Rack of Lamb with Parsnip Puree
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Creamed Kale
- Hoisin Duck with Crispy Bamboo Rice
- Obama's Sashimi
- Filets Three Ways
- Corn Budino with Chocolate Sauce
- Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Mushrooms
- California Roll
- Crispy Skin Rockfish
- Pan-Seared Rabbit Legs
- Chicken Tikka Masala Wrap
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Lemon Pancakes With Mixed Berries
- Thai Curry Trio
- Caramel-Ginger Apple Pie
- Poblano and Scallop Risotto
- Orecchiette with Tomato-Beef Sauce
- Dirty Lobster
- Pork Dumplings
- Achiote Buffalo
- Camarones Salteados
- Modern Loco Moco
- The Morning After Soup
- Crispy Fish Tacos
- Shipwreck Sea Stew
- Pan-Seared Soft Shell Crabs
- Homemade Chorizo and Potato Sopes
- Stuffed Grilled Eggplant
- Korean Braised Spicy Black Cod
- Cozze Ripiene
- Rustic Bolognese with Pappardelle
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- Pistachio-crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Kumamoto Oyster and Steak Tataki
- Tandoori Cod en Papillote
- Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa
- Crispy Risotto Cake with Truffled Egg
Crispy Wild Mushroom Risotto Cake with Truffled Egg and Chive Oil drizzle
Recipe Courtesy of Tracy Kontos
The first time I made my dish was when I was playing around with leftovers. I wanted to have my risotto scraps for lunch, but risotto texture is never the same the next day. However, the flavors are great, even better after having time to sit So I decided to make fried risotto cakes.
For The Risotto Cake
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock, warmed + 1 cup
- 1 large shallot
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 ounce dried chanterlle mushrooms
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- canola oil
For The Garnishes
- 1 bunch fresh chives + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- sea salt
- grated Parmesan
- truffle oil
- white pepper
Dice mushrooms and reconstituting in 1 cup chicken stock in a pot on medium-high heat.
Add 3 cups chicken stock to pot and gently warm.
Finely dice shallot and saute in oil until translucent. Add rice, briefly toast.
Add room temperature wine, cook and continue to stir until absorbed, approximately 2 minutes.
Add warmed chicken stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly.
Once risotto is almost complete, add reconstituted mushrooms and herbs de Provence.
When risotto is done, finish with cheese, spread out onto a cookie sheet and cool in the freezer or fridge.
Once cooled, form into cakes, dredge in flour and breadcrumbs mix, lightly fry.
Make chive oil by combining chives and extra-virgin olive oil in a blender. Strain in fine sieve.
Fry egg, place on risotto cake. Drizzle chive oil around the plate, top egg with sea salt, parmesan cheese, white pepper, and truffle oil.