- Turkey In The Orchard Burger
- Saucy Bad-ass Burger
- Ultimate Gourmet Burger
- Best D.A.M. Burger
- David M's Burger
- Char Siu Pork Burger
- Bacon Marmalade Burger
- Chickpea Quinoa Burger
- Lamb Burger
- Beef And Veal Burger
- Stuffed Brie Burger
- Sweet Plaintain Bacon Burger
- The Clown Burger
- Lamb And Veal Burger
- Pork And Chorizo Burger
- Tuscan-Californian Burger
- Wagyu Burger With Duck Egg
- Pork Belly Slider
- Rack of Lamb with Parsnip Puree
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Creamed Kale
- Hoisin Duck with Crispy Bamboo Rice
- Obama's Sashimi
- Filets Three Ways
- Corn Budino with Chocolate Sauce
- Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Mushrooms
- California Roll
- Crispy Skin Rockfish
- Pan-Seared Rabbit Legs
- Chicken Tikka Masala Wrap
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Lemon Pancakes With Mixed Berries
- Thai Curry Trio
- Caramel-Ginger Apple Pie
- Poblano and Scallop Risotto
- Orecchiette with Tomato-Beef Sauce
- Dirty Lobster
- Pork Dumplings
- Achiote Buffalo
- Camarones Salteados
- Modern Loco Moco
- The Morning After Soup
- Crispy Fish Tacos
- Shipwreck Sea Stew
- Pan-Seared Soft Shell Crabs
- Homemade Chorizo and Potato Sopes
- Stuffed Grilled Eggplant
- Korean Braised Spicy Black Cod
- Cozze Ripiene
- Rustic Bolognese with Pappardelle
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- Pistachio-crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Kumamoto Oyster and Steak Tataki
- Tandoori Cod en Papillote
- Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa
- Crispy Risotto Cake with Truffled Egg
Cauliflower "Mac n' Cheese"
Who doesn't love a side of mac n' cheese with their fried chicken? My version of this indulgent side dish swaps pasta for cauliflower. Roasting the cauliflower adds a nutty flavor and hearty texture to the dish. You'll never miss the pasta.
- Serves 4
- Print This Recipe
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
Roast until fork-tender and lightly browned in spots, 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven but leave the oven on and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk.
Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes.
Whisk in the cream and cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese, the table salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Stir until the cheese melts, then cook, stirring often, until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
Place the cauliflower florets in an 8x8-inch glass baking dish or four 10-ounce ramekins. Pour the cheese sauce on top. Sprinkle the top of the cauliflower with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
Bake until the cheese is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Cauliflower "Mac n' Cheese"