The RENT Sing-A-Long
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
To spread the excitement about RENT coming to Fox, we’re launching a nationwide virtual sing-a-long choir. How does that work? Hundreds of fans record videos of themselves singing along to Seasons of Love. We compile the best performances into one gigantic choral RENT-stravaganza of talent. Simple.
Want in on this? Here’s how to lend your voice:
1. Following along to the sing-a-long video on this page, make a video of yourself singing along. Here are some tips to get the best recording:
- Try to find a quiet, brightly-lit space. We want to SEE and HEAR you.
- Wear headphones, so that sound from the video doesn’t end up in your recording. Or, sing-a-long with the video on mute while following the tempo of the lyrics.
- If you’ve got an external mic, use it. Sound quality matters!
2. Once you’ve got your performance locked down on video, share it to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with the hashtag #RentSingALong for your chance to be featured in our Rent sing-a-long video. Submissions will be accepted from Wednesday Nov. 28th until Friday Dec. 14th.
3. We’ll get in touch if your video has been chosen to be featured in the RENT sing-a-long video featuring the best fan renditions from across the country! Good luck!
VOCAL + INSTRUMENTAL VERSION
Participation Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The RENT Sing Along promotion (the “Promotion”) offers eligible “Entrants” (as defined in Section 2) the opportunity to submit a video of themselves via Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook (the “Video” and collectively with the post content, the “Submission”) performing a version of the song “Seasons of Love” from the show RENT (the “Theme Song”). Eligible Submissions will be reviewed for consideration to be included in a promotional spot (the “Promo Spot”) for the television special currently entitled “RENT” (the “Special”). The Sponsor of this Promotion is Fox Broadcasting Company, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90064 ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Promotion is Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, Florida 32789 ("Administrator"). The Sponsor, Administrator, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Television Group, Fox Entertainment Group, LLC, Fox Networks Group, Inc., and the producers of RENT, including, without limitation, Twentieth Century Fox Television, a unit of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (the “Producer”), shall collectively be referred to as the “Promotion Entities”.
Note: This is not a contest or a sweepstakes; no prizes or compensation will be awarded as a result of providing a Submission or having such Submission included in the Promo Spot. There is no guarantee as to how many or that any Submissions will be selected to be featured in the Promo Spot as described herein.
The Promotion will operate as follows:
- Submission Period: The Submission Period begins on or about Tuesday, November 27, 2018 and ends on Friday, December 14, 2018 at 11:59:59 Pm Pacific Time (“PT”).
- Submission Review: Submissions will be reviewed throughout the Submission Period and Promotion Entities will select Submissions, at their sole discretion, for further consideration and vetting for possible Promo Spot inclusion.
- Participant Notification: Throughout the Submission Period, Entrants with Submissions being considered for Promo Spot inclusion (as determined at the sole discretion of the Promotion Entities), will be notified via Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook (collectively the “Social Media Platforms”) to request further information, as detailed in Section 5.
- Promo Spot Air Date: The Promo Spot featuring the included Submissions, if any, is tentatively set to air in mid-January 2019.
2. ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY: In order for a Submission to be considered for inclusion in the Promo Spot, all Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria and agree to complete any/all requested releases:
- Entrants must NOT be under any contractual obligation that would conflict with this Promotion or these Terms;
- Entrants must be the rightful owners of their Submission (excluding the Theme Song), which can feature up to four (4) total eligible Participants (as defined herein), and to the extent any third-party participants (the “Participants”) are included in the Submission, Entrant must have obtained all necessary rights and permissions from such Participants;
- Each Entrant and Participant must be a legal United States resident physically residing within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia;
- Each Entrant and Participant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence;
- The Entrant of each Submission must be a registered user of the Social Media Platform associated with the Submissions. Registration on each Social Media Platform is free and can be obtained by visiting the homepage or app for each respective platform;
- Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the Social Media Platform account associated with the Submission; and
- Employees and contractors of Promotion Entities and the advertising/promotion agencies that are directly associated with the management and execution of the Promotion are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are four (4) methods of Submission:
Twitter, Instagram or YouTube Submission: During the Submission Period, one (1) Entrant associated with a Submission must log onto his or her preferred Social Media Platform and post the following:
- A Video of themselves performing the Theme Song. The performance can be either acapella or accompanied by the instrumental track. A sample of the Theme Song and the instrumental track can be found at https://www.fox.com/rent/.
- The Video may feature the Entrant and up to three (3) additional eligible Participants.
- The post must include the hashtag #RENTSingAlong (the “Hashtag”) to be considered for inclusion in the Promo Spot.
Facebook: To submit via Facebook, one (1) Entrant associated with a Submission must log onto his or her Facebook account, visit the Sponsor’s Facebook page, located at https://www.facebook.com/RENTonFOX/ (the “Facebook Page”), and respond to the Promotion-related Sponsor post with their Submission, as described above, in the form of a public comment.
IF YOUR ENTRY INCLUDES A LINK TO A VIDEO HOSTED ON A DIFFERENT SITE (I.E. YOUTUBE, VIMEO, ETC.) THE POSTED VIDEO MUST INCLUDE THE HASHTAG IN THE TITLE.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Videos must meet the following technical specs for consideration:
- The Video runtime must be equal to or less than the length of the Theme Song;
- The Video must have excellent sound quality; and
- The Video visuals must be clear and shot in high resolution. Resolution of 1080p or greater is preferred.
Entrant, if selected for possible Promo Spot inclusion, may be required to provide the original hi-res source file for the Submission OR re-record the Submission in high resolution, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
For a Submission to be considered for inclusion in the Promo Spot, it must:
- Be an original performance of the Participant(s) performing the Theme Song;
- Feature a maximum of four (4) Participants (one (1) Participant must be the Entrant), each of whom meet the Eligibility requirements, as defined in these Terms;
- Meet the required technical specifications;
- Be in compliance with the Terms and Conditions;
- Feature only the Entrant and Participant(s); and
Submissions must NOT:
- Feature anyone who is not a willing and eligible Participant in the Submission;
- Contain commercial or corporate logos or insignia, advertising, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor and/or RENT;
- Include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, gangs, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof;
- Be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, or be otherwise unlawful;
- Be defamatory to the Promotion Entities, RENT, or any other third party;
- Violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; or
- Defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right.
Limit one (1) Submission per person for the duration of the Promotion. If number of Submissions exceed the limitations, the Entrant and any additional Submissions in which he or she are a part may be disqualified, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will not be considered. All information provided by Entrants and Participants becomes the property of Sponsor. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Terms. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Terms and Conditions. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Terms generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Submission Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Promotion, at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted at TERMS.
5. ENTRANT NOTIFICATION AND RELEASES: Throughout the Submission Period, Entrants with Submissions being considered for inclusion in the Promo Spot will be contacted in the form of a comment or DM via the Social Media Platform associated with their Submission. Entrants will be required to respond as directed to the notification. If the Entrant is part of a group Submission, each person featured in the Submission must meet the eligibility requirements listed in these Terms and must verify their eligibility as directed. The Entrant who is responsible for posting the Submission will be appointed as the designated contact for the group and will be responsible for fulfilling all Submission requirements as stated herein. Each Entrant and Participant featured in the Submission will be required to complete a Participation Release, and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release and other related documents required by the Promotion Entities including, without limitation, verification of each Entrant and Participant’s age (collectively, the “Participation Documents”). Entrant’s and Participants will be required to return the Participation Documents in accordance with the deadlines communicated by the Promotion Entities. The failure to respond and/or return the Participation Documents in accordance with the stated deadlines may result in forfeiture of participation in the Promotion. Entrant may be required to provide the original source files for the Submission OR to re-record the Submission, as directed by the Promotion Entities.
6. MATERIALS/RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS/PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Entrant and Participants agree to sign Participation Documents and/or releases required by any of the Promotion Entities to effectuate the rights contained in this paragraph. As between Sponsor and Entrant, in consideration of an Entrant’s Submission and/or other information being further considered for use in the Promotion, such Entrant grants to the Sponsor, Producer, and their designees the exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide, sublicenseable, assignable, and transferable license to use, copy, edit, modify, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display any such Submission or information, or any portion thereof (excluding the underlying rights in the Theme Song), including to the extent applicable (a) any information or biographical data submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion; and (b) all video, audio, photographs, text, graphics, statements, any other creative assets, and quotations, furnished by Entrant as part of this Promotion (the “Materials”) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol. Each Participant understands that his or her name and Materials may be posted on the Sponsor’s website and social media pages in connection with the Promotion and may be featured as part of the Promo Spot, as described herein. Each Participant agrees that the Sponsor and its designees have no obligation to utilize the Submission or any Materials in the Promo Spot, on the Sponsor’s website or social media pages. Each Participant authorizes the Sponsor, Producer, and their designees to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the Materials for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe and to make derivative works from such Materials. Each Entrant and Participant releases the Promotion Entities, and their assigns and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each Participant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Promotion, including, without limitation, the Participant’s decision to provide a Submission for purposes of the Promotion, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Promotion Entities and Participant, does not place the Promotion Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Participant’s Submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Sponsor and its designees and Participant is as set forth in these Terms & Conditions.
7. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP: Each Entrant and Participant’s understand and acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are being developed by their own employees, suppliers, and/or business partners. Each Entrant and Participants also acknowledge that many ideas may be competitive with, similar, or identical to his/her Submission in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each Entrant and Participant’s acknowledge and agrees that he/she will not bring any action against Promotion Entities or any third parties, and will not be entitled to any compensation, as a result of the Promotion Entities or any third parties use of any such similar or identical Submission or material. Entrant and Participants acknowledge and agree that the Promotion Entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of copyright or other intellectual property rights in and to the Submission. Nothing stated herein should be construed to create any kind of employment relationship, contractor relationship, work for hire, partnership or joint venture with Promotion Entities. Entrant and Participant’s waive any right to inspect or approve the Promo Spot or any advertising or other creative materials that may be used in connection therewith. Entrant and Participant’s release Promotion Entities and anyone acting under their permission or authority, from any liability by virtue of the manner in which the Submission is utilized or the use to which it may be applied. Each Entrant and Participant’s understands that Promotion Entities have the right, but not the obligation, to use the Submission.
8. INDEMNITY: Each Entrant and Participant’s hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, the producers, distributers, and sponsors of Sponsor’s programs, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, dealers, contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable outside attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with any third party action arising out of or resulting from (a) Entrant or Participant’s participation in the Promotion, and/or (b) a breach or alleged breach of any of Entrant or Participant’s obligations.
9. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating, each Entrant and Participant’s agree that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable Submissions or other correspondence; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Promotion; (e) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Promotion; (f) acceptance of any benefit that may be provided, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom; and (g) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Promotion Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to adjust times and dates in Terms & Conditions at any time and/or to suspend or cancel the Promotion at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Promotion, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Promotion Entities. Promotion Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to prohibit any Entrant or Participant from participating in the Promotion or to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices; to be acting in violation of these Terms & Conditions; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms & Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANT OR PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY BENEFIT AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. DISPUTES: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, Entrant and Participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
11. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Promotion, each Participant agrees that any and all disputes the Participant may have with, or claims Participant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Promotion, and/or (ii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant, Participant and Sponsor. The arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Promotion. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the participant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the participant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.