Beat Shazam #DaddyDaughterTime Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules ("Official Rules") below. Entrants are providing information to Fox Broadcasting Company and not to Twitter or Instagram. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Beat Shazam #DaddyDaughterTime Contest” (the “Contest") is an online contest in which eligible participants must post a video via Twitter or Instagram showing how you and your daughter OR how you and your father or father figure spend your “daddy daughter time” together (the “Video”) for consideration by a panel of judges as described in Section 3 of these Official Rules. For clarification, the Video must feature only one (1) father and one (1) daughter – no other persons may be featured in the Video. The Sponsor of this Contest is Fox Broadcasting Company, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90035 ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Contest is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 189 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. Sponsor affiliates may be conducting their own promotions in conjunction with this Contest (each, an “Affiliate Promotion”). Each Affiliate Promotion is sponsored solely by the affiliate and will be subject to separate official rules which shall be provided by the respective affiliate.
The Contest will flow as follows:
Contest “Submission Period”: The Submission Period begins at 8:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 (the “Start Date”) and ends on Friday, June 8, 2018 at 11:59 pm PT.
Judging Period: Submissions will be judged on an on-going basis throughout the Submission Period through June 12, 2018. Eligible Contest submissions will be evaluated by a Judging Panel (defined below) according to the criteria set forth in Section 8 to determine the “Potential Winner”, pending eligibility verification.
Potential Winner Notification: The Potential Winner will be contacted via Twitter or Instagram, depending upon the method of entry, on or about June 13, 2018 to confirm eligibility and obtain releases, according to Section 9 of the Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To participate, “Entrants” must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Entrant must be a legal U.S. resident physically residing within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and where restricted or prohibited by law;
Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry;
Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the Twitter or Instagram account associated with the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the Twitter or Instagram account was opened; and
Entrant must NOT be an employee, shareholder, officer, director, agent or representative of Sponsor, Administrator, (collectively, "Contest Entities"), Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Television Group, Fox Entertainment Group, LLC, Fox Networks Group, Inc., Twentieth Century Fox Television, a unit of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Shazam Media Services Inc., or each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives or promotion and advertising agencies, nor can Entrant be the Immediate Family Member and/or Household Member of such persons. For purposes of the Contest, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Submission Period, log into your Instagram or Twitter account and post your Video. Accompanying text description (“Text”), if any, may not exceed 280 characters regardless of platform. Your Submission must be tagged with #DaddyDaughterTime and #BeatShazamContest (“Required Hashtags”) to be considered a valid entry (along with Text and Video, “Submission”). If entering via Instagram, the Required Hashtags must be in the caption of the Submission for valid entry and not the post title. See Section 4 for additional Submission restrictions.
All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm PT on June 8, 2018. Limit one (1) Entry per person, regardless of entry method. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Use of the Required Hashtags constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Any Tweet or Instagram post that does not include both Required Hashtags will not result in a valid Entry into the Contest. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter or Instagram account for entry. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Submission Requirements are defined as follows:
Submission may include footage/audio of one (1) “father figure” and one (1) “daughter” only; videos featuring multiple father figures or multiple daughters will not be considered;
Fathers who provide a Submission must be the parent or legal guardian of the daughter in the Video;
Daughters who provide a Submission must have a personal relationship with the individual reflected in the Video. Example: A father figure may be an uncle, brother, stepfather, mentor (or similar) but may not be an idolized celebrity, musician, artist (or similar) to whom the Entrant has no personal relationship or connection;
Submissions may feature Video and Text only;
Video may not exceed :30 seconds in length;
Text is limited to 280 characters, regardless of entry method;
Submissions must include BOTH Required Hashtags to be valid.
Submission must meet the following content restrictions:
Submission must not include anyone who is not a willing and eligible participant in the Submission;
Submission must NOT include prominent mention or depiction of any copyrighted material (including but not limited to music, video games, films, books, television programming, etc.) and must not infringe on any third-party trademarks (including, but not limited to third party elements, brand names, product names, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, etc.) EXCEPT for characters, elements, and all other intellectual property associated with the television series “Beat Shazam” (“The Beat Shazam Elements”);
Submission must NOT contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or material that contains any derogatory references to any Contest Entities;
Submission must NOT have any references to alcohol beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, and/or firearms;
Submission must be entirely original to the Entrant (except for the Beat Shazam Elements, which may be contained in the submission);
Submission must NOT have been previously submitted to another Contest, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion; and
Submission must NOT include materials that violate or infringe another person's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights.
IMPORTANT: Your Submission may appear in the Sponsor’s social media stream. Be sure you are comfortable with your Submission before submitting. If you do not want your Submission to be made public, do not enter the Contest. Contest Entities reserve the right to request that an Entrant edit or completely remove any content that may intentionally or unintentionally violate the Official Rules. Contest Entities will determine in their sole discretion which Entries have satisfied the eligibility requirements. Contest Entities reserve the right to allow for minor fluctuations between the Entrant’s timing device and the actual runtime of the Video, based on clear intent to comply with these Terms, as determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities.
Entrants who submit Entries which violate any of these requirements may be deemed ineligible and their Entry may be void at the Contest Entities’ sole discretion. ELIGIBLE ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. There will be no notification of receipt of Contest-related materials.
Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally.
6. DATES & DEADLINES/ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF ENTRANTS: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Contest.
7. MATERIALS/RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS/PUBLICITY RIGHTS: In consideration of their Submissions being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Contest Entities the non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license (but not the obligation) to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display and otherwise exploit for any legal purpose whatsoever such Submission, including to the extent applicable (a) any information, biographical data, and material (e.g., the “creative” file or Submission) provided by the Entrant or otherwise obtained about the Entrant in connection with the Contest; and (b) all graphics, statements, photographs and quotations of or by Entrant and furnished by Entrant as part of this Contest (all of the foregoing materials, along with the Submission and all of the information referenced in 6(a) above, are collectively referred to herein as, the “Material”), in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic and social media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol. Entrant understands that his or her name and other Materials may be posted online in connection with the Contest, and that eligible Submissions may be posted online by the Contest Entities or their associates, including, but not limited to, on social media and/or in a public viewer gallery associated with the Contest. Entrant agrees that the Contest Entities have no obligation to use or post a Submission or any Material online. Entrant authorizes the Contest Entities to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the Material and to make derivative works from such Material (e.g., without limitation, to create promotional materials). Entrant agrees that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Sponsor, and/or Sponsor’s licensees, and shall be freely assignable by Sponsor and that the Sponsor and its assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to Entrant. Entrant releases the Released Parties (defined below), and their respective parent, affiliates and subsidiaries and each of their respective successors, assigns and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, Entrant’s decision to provide the Submission to Contest Entities for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Contest Entities and Entrant, does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of Entrant’s Submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Contest Entities and Entrant is as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms or other related documents.
8. CONTEST JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION: In conjunction with the start of the Submission Period through June 12, 2018 (the “Judging Period”), Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor (“Judging Panel”) and scored on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Enthusiasm 25%
- Audience Appeal 25%
- Originality 25%
- Creativity 25%
The Submission with the highest score will be declared the Potential Winner, pending eligibility verification. In the event of a tie between the top-scoring Submissions, the Judging Panel will reevaluate the tied Submissions to select the one which best reflects Audience Appeal, in its sole discretion.
9. POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Potential Winner will be notified in the form of a direct message or comment from the Sponsor to/on the social media platform associated with the selected Submission on or about June 13, 2018. The Potential Winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Potential Winner and any other person featured in the Submission (the “Participant”) will be required to verify address and complete, sign, and return within seventy-two (72) hours an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize, in which case the Judging Panel will select an alternate Potential Winner from the remaining eligible Entries according to the Judging Criteria. The Participant will be required to return a guest eligibility/liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity and media release. In the event the Participant is a minor, the Winner must be her parent or legal guardian and must execute the guest eligibility/liability release on her behalf. Additionally, the potential Winner and Participant will be required to provide their Social Security Numbers for the purpose of submitting to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential Winner or Participant will not, in the Sponsor’s’ sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential Winner and Participant agree to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Pending the results of the background check, the Sponsor reserves the right to withhold access to the Meet & Greet (defined below), disqualify the potential Winner, or award the prize as described in the Official Rules, in its sole discretion.
A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator and/or Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Grand Prize winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. If applicable, an IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the prize received.
One (1) Grand Prize is available consisting of a 3-day / 2-night trip for the Winner and Participant to Los Angeles, California (the “Trip”) to meet actor Jaime Foxx. Travel dates are to be determined but are anticipated to take place in 2018. The Trip will consist of the following:
(a.) Round-trip coach class airfare for Winner and Participant from a major airport with regularly scheduled commercial flights close to Winner’s permanent residence to a Los Angeles-area airport (or, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, $500 in lieu of air travel if winner lives within a 200-mile radius of the destination);
(b.) two (2) nights hotel accommodation for Winner and Participant at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only);
(c.) a meet and greet session for the Winner and Participant with actor Jamie Foxx (the “Meet & Greet”);
(d.) airport transfer to/from the hotel in Los Angeles;
(e.) ground transportation to/from the Meet & Greet, if applicable; and
(f.) $250 spending money.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $3,100.
Total Cumulative Prize ARV: $3,100
TRAVEL IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND IS CURRENTLY ANTICIPATED TO OCCUR IN 2018 ON DATES TO BE DETERMINED AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR. Meet & Greet details and availability will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner may be required to sign additional confidentiality releases, on-camera releases and/or production releases as requested on-site by Sponsor
Actual Grand Prize value depends on Winner’s place of residence and cost and availability of airfare and hotel at time of booking and travel and may be substantially higher or lower than estimated value. Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the prize ARV in these Official Rules. Winner and Participant must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents. Contest Entities will not obtain travel insurance on behalf of the Winner or Participant. Winner shall be solely responsible for all expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, beverages, gratuities, tips, additional ground transportation expenses, telephone charges, taxes, incidentals and other personal expenses. Trip must be taken on the dates specified by Sponsor and failure to travel during the specified times will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winner is responsible for all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Sponsor reserves the right to change travel dates and to substitute any or all of these portions of the prize for a prize of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason. If the Meet & Greet is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to either (a) award the Trip as described in these Official Rules but without access to the Meet & Greet, which has no associated cash value; or (b) to change the dates of the Trip to accommodate an alternate Meet & Greet date, if applicable. If the Winner or Participant is barred from attendance based on the results of his or her background check, applicable portions of the prize will be cancelled without substitution or compensation and/or the Winner may be disqualified, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received; therefore Winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person, except at discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded; provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one prize per household. The Grand Prize, and all portions of the prize, are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation.
Trip Conduct: Winner and Participant shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The Winner and Participant shall not, while a guest of the Contest Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Winner and Participant shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Contest Entities in society or bring the Contest Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Contest Entities. In the event the Winner or Participant engages in the above or behavior that (as determined by Contest Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, the Contest Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the Winner and Participant home with no further compensation.
11. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Contest Entities have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary and visual materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to them or being developed by their own employees. Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Contest Entities’ use of any such similar or identical material. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission.
12. RIGHTS OF CONTEST ENTITIES: Contest Entities shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, refuse to air or transmit or cease to air or transmit any Submission whatsoever which any of them finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof, do not fully comply with all of Contest Entities’ requirements in connection with any and all legal clearance issues, or which any of them finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason. All statements and opinions made by Entrants are those of such Entrants only, and the Contest Entities neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same.
13. INDEMNITY: Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Television Group, Fox Entertainment Group, LLC, Fox Networks Group, Inc., Twentieth Century Fox Television, a unit of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Shazam Media Services Inc., Jaime Foxx, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, contractors, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from or related to: (i) Entrant’s participation in the Contest; (ii) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of Entrant’s representations, warranties or obligations herein, including, but not limited to, claims for personal injury, death, property damage, libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, commercial appropriation of name and likeness, infringement of copyright or trademark, or violation of any other personal or proprietary right; and (iii) the acceptance, possession, participation in or use or misuse of any grant or prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage to Entrant or any third party arising therefrom.
Entrant further agrees, on behalf of Entrant and Entrant’s spouse, family, heirs, assigns, legal representatives, executors, and administrators, to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and waive Entrant’s right to sue the Released Parties, for any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by Entrant arising out of or in connection with Entrant’s acceptance and/or use of the prize, including, but not limited to, claims related to personal injury, emotional distress, illness, death, property damage and any other injury or loss.
14. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits, or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Contest; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (vi) acceptance, possession, participation in, or use of any grant or prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system, which is occasioned by participating in the Contest. Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to adjust times and dates reflected in the Description Section of the Official Rules at any time and/or to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Contest Entities. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Contest Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or to disqualify any individual any of them finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Contest Entities may suspend or discontinue the Contest if, in their sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Contest, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Contest. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS CONTEST. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
15. AFFILIATE PROMOTIONS: During the Contest Period, some local Sponsor “Affiliates” may elect to promote the Contest and offer additional opportunities to their viewers by prompting them to enter using the Required Hashtags and an additional call to action (an “Affiliate Promotion”), as determined by each such Affiliate. Sponsor is not responsible for any Affiliate Promotion, and assumes no liability for the administration, promotion, execution, or fulfillment of any Affiliate Promotion. In the event of a discrepancy between the rules of an Affiliate Promotion and the official Contest Rules, the Contest Rules will take precedence. Contest Entrants who are deemed winners of Affiliate Promotions will have no special standing in the Contest.
16. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
17. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) the entrant may have against Sponsor arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Contest, the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles, California; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Contest; (5) the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only the entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant or Sponsor; (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD, and the entrant is unable (or not required under the rules of JAMS) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on the entrant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
19. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Beat Shazam #DaddyDaughterTime Contest" Winner List/Rules, 189 South Orange Ave, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than November 1, 2018. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter or Instagram. Twitter and Instagram are completely released of all liability by each Entrant in this Contest.