Effective Date: March 19, 2019
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- YOUR ADDITIONAL CHOICES, INCLUDING OPT-OUT OPTIONS
- SECURITY AND ACCOUNT ACCESS
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL FINANCIAL INFORMATION BY A PAYMENT SERVICE & USE OF PAYMENT INFORMATION
- THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS
- CANCELING YOUR FOX NATION SUBSCRIPTION
- APPLICABLE LAW
- DATA RETENTION
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- QUESTIONS/CONTACTING US
Fox and our service providers may collect the following information from or about you:
Registration Information is the information you submit to register for the Fox Nation Services, for example to create a Fox Nation account, receive a newsletter or mobile alert, or enter a contest or sweepstakes. Registration Information may include, for example, name, email address, gender, zip code, birthday, and phone number. In addition, Fox may collect information you provide to us when you respond to surveys, set your preferences, contact Fox through customer service or by other means, or participate in promotions that Fox may offer from time to time. Fox may allow for multiple profiles to be set up under one account. If this occurs, we may collect information you provide to us if you create a profile.
Usage, Log and Precise Location Data. We collect information when you use the Fox Nation Services on mobile and non-mobile devices or view Fox advertising outside of the Fox Nation Services. Examples of this information may include your IP address, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location, activity on the Fox Nation Services including information about the videos you view on Fox (e.g., show titles and episode names, start and stop times you use the Fox Nation Services, which advertising you view, clickstream data reflecting the information you enter and the selections you make while using the Fox Nation Service), page views, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers and identifiers associated with browser cookies (see our discussion of “Cookies and Similar Technologies” below), and carrier information. If you access the Fox Nation Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device in order to provide the Fox Nation Services to it. In order to access certain Fox Nation Services from your device, you may be required to share your device’s location with us.
Site Activity Information. When you access and interact with the Fox Nation Services, Fox and our service providers may collect certain information about those visits (“Site Activity Information”). For example, in order to permit your connection to the Fox Nation Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Fox Nation Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device in order to provide the Fox Nation Services to it.
Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. These technologies are discussed below.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies), which are comprised of small bits of data may be used. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer or other device so the website, app or other service can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that website, app or other service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Fox Nation Services, such as pages you have visited, the videos and other content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have seen. Cookies may also be used by us or by our service providers to collect and store information on your use of other companies’ websites or services, such as sites you visit and materials you view. We may merge this with other data we collect about you from third parties to assist us in our ability to provide the Fox Nation Services, including, without limitation, to advertise and provide content to you. Our work in this respect is compliant with the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Principles for the Self-Regulation of Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more, visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Third parties that support the Fox Nation Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate Fox Nation Service usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use the Fox Nation Services or third party service. These third parties may also use these technologies, along with Site Activity Information they collect to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. Fox does not control these third party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third party ad networks and similar entities that use these technologies, including your choices with respect to them, see the section entitled “To deliver relevant advertisements,” below.
- Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information (e.g., http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies). Users can manage the use of Flash technologies with the Flash management tools available at Adobe's website, see http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through the Fox Nation Services.
- We may use or work with third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile software development kits (“SDKs”) to collect information, such as advertising identifiers (e.g., "ad-ID" or "IDFA") and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Fox Nation Services. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with Content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
The use of these various technologies in connection with advertising on the Fox Nation Services is explained further below. To learn about opting out of interest-based or online behavioral advertising, please see the information we have provided in Section 4 ("Your Additional Choices, Including Opt-Out Options").
Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our Fox Affiliates or business partners. Examples of this may include information (whether identified, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
We use the personal information and other information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To provide and manage the Fox Nation Services. We use the information we collect from and about you to provide the Fox Nation Services and features to you, including to measure and improve those Fox Nation Services and features, to develop new products and services, to improve and personalize your experience with both online and off-line Fox Nation Services by delivering relevant content, advertising and marketing messages (if any), to provide you with customer support, and to respond to inquiries. In order to provide you with content and advertising (if any) that is more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing the Fox Nation Services. Fox may make your information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, analytics and other measurement companies, agents or sponsors, who help us analyze and understand your use of the Fox Nation Services, and manage and/or provide the Fox Nation Services. We may also use your information for research purposes or to compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes.
- To deliver video content. In the ordinary course of our business, we may share information that we collect from or about you to third parties in order to process your requests and fulfill your orders for video content offered through the Fox Nation Services, including, to provide you with access to localized content and provide video content recommendations. For example, to process your request to view certain authenticated video content through the Fox Nation Services, we may need to share information about you with your designated television content provider and/or our third party service providers in order to authenticate and/or authorize you to view authenticated video content through the Fox Nation Services.
- To contact you. Fox may periodically send promotional materials (e.g., newsletters) or notifications related to the Fox Nation Services to the email address you provided to us at registration or for your account. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from Fox Nation Services, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the Fox Nation Services or policies. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- To share with business partners. Fox may share your information with business partners to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If Fox sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business (including, without limitation, in connection with bankruptcy or a similar proceeding), Fox may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
You have the following choices regarding how we and/or third parties use certain information collected from or about you.
- Opt-Out from Promotional Communications.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Fox by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in a particular promotional communication. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from Fox, including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account because those may contain important information.
- You can choose to receive push notifications from Fox on your device. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, you can use your device’s settings to turn them off.
- Do Not Track Signals.
- At this time we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
- Additional Choices for California Residents
- If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information (such as your name and contact information) to third parties who wish to contact you or send you promotional information about their products and services directly (as compared to when the third party is acting on our behalf or you have provided your personal information as part of a co-promotion by Fox and the third party). If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of information regarding our disclosure to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, please send us a letter at Fox News Network, LLC, Legal & Business Affairs, 1211 Avenue of the Americas,New York NY 10036.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of the Fox Nation Services, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted on the Fox Nation Services. To make this request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a detailed description of the specific content or information you would like to remove. Please note that this removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Fox Nation Services by you as there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.
- You may request that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with Fox Affiliates or unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes by sending an email to email@example.com with "Disclosure Opt-out" in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and that you are a subscriber to Fox Nation Service in the body of the email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
- SECURITY AND ACCOUNT ACCESS
Fox uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
Children under 13 years of age are not permitted to register with Fox. The Fox Nation Services are not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or guardian.
Fox is headquartered in the United States and the Fox Nation Services are intended for users in the United States. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the Fox Nation Services, you consent to the transfer of information to the United States to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under United States laws.
Remember that even after you cancel your subscription, copies of some information from your subscription may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with Other Services. We may also retain backup information related to your subscription on our servers for some time after cancelation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Fox Nation Services or otherwise. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. Fox urges you to take steps to keep your information safe by memorizing your password or keeping it in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of your account, and closing your web browser. In order to help us protect your sensitive further, you should be careful about providing your password to others.
Whenever you give Fox sensitive or confidential information, Fox will take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information by establishing a secure connection with your web browser. Fox uses an industry standard security protocol for encrypting sensitive information. Unfortunately, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed 100% secure. We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Fox and you do so at your own risk.
Fox News Network, LLC
Legal & Business Affairs
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York NY 10036