“DO:MORE at the SYTYCD Finale Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules ("Official Rules") below.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “DO:MORE at the SYTYCD Finale Sweepstakes” (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 12:01 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on Monday, July 7, 2014 and ends on Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:59 am PT (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Fox Broadcasting Company, 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90035 ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 189 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. This Sweepstakes is presented by Degree (“Presenter”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and Washington, D.C. (i.e., excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), who are physically located and residing therein. Each entrant ("Entrant") must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of primary residence at the time of entry. ENTRANT, IF SELECTED AS A WINNER, MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR TRAVEL ON DATES SPECIFIED BY THE SPONSOR AND CURRENTLY CONTEMPLATED AS SEPTEMBER 2nd – 4th, 2014. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified in the Entrant's entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the provided email address was opened assuming such person is otherwise eligible. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator, Presenter (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), Twenty First Century Fox, Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., 19 Entertainment, dick clark productions, inc., Dance Nation Productions, Fox Digital Media, Unilever and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may participate in the Sweepstakes by visiting the Sweepstakes page located at http://www.fox.com/degreesweeps (the "Sweepstakes Homepage") during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrant must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online entry form by providing the information requested to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entrant can receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes by following the on-screen instructions to deploy one (1) pre-populated Tweet message. Limit of two (2) entries per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Entry must be received by 11:59 am PT on August 11, 2014. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must accurately provide all of the requested information to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted on the Sweepstakes Homepage.
4. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Grand Prize (1)
One (1) Grand Prize will be available. Grand Prize winner (“GP Winner”) and one (1) travel companion (“Guest”) will receive a 3-day /2-night trip to Los Angeles, CA (the “Trip”) currently contemplated to take place on September 3, 2014. The Trip will consist of the following:
(a.) Round-trip coach class airfare for GP Winner and Guest from a major airport with regularly scheduled commercial flights closest to the GP Winner’s permanent residence (or, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, $500 in lieu of air travel if winner lives within a 200-mile radius of Los Angeles) to a Los Angeles-area airport;
(b.) Two (2) nights hotel accommodation for GP Winner and Guest at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only);
(c.) Airport transfers (if applicable) and ground transportation to/from the Event (defined below);
(d.) $500 spending money; and
(e.)Two (2) SYTYCD finale seats and the opportunity to meet two (2) dancers, as determined at the discretion of the Sponsor (the “Event”).
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $3250.
First Prizes (25)
Twenty-Five (25) First Prizes will be available. Each First Prize consists of: one (1) SYTYCD photo signed by the top ten dancers. ARV of each First Prize: $20.
Cumulative ARV of Sweepstakes: $3,750.
TRAVEL IS CURRENTLY CONTEMPLATED TO TAKE PLACE SEPTEMBER 2nd – 4th, 2014, AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR. Actual Grand Prize value depends on GP Winners’ place of residence and cost and availability of airfare and hotel at time of booking and travel and may be substantially higher or lower than estimated value. GP Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents. Sweepstakes Entities will not obtain travel insurance on behalf of the GP Winner or Guest. Any costs of travel exceeding the allowance provided herein shall be the sole responsibility of the GP Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the GP Winner shall be solely responsible for all expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, beverages, gratuities, tips, additional ground transportation expenses, telephone charges, taxes, incidentals and other personal expenses. Trip must be taken on the dates specified by Sponsor and failure to travel during the specified times will result in forfeiture of the prize. Travel is subject to flight and hotel availability and blackout dates and other travel restrictions may apply. GP Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Sponsor reserves the right to change travel dates and to substitute any or all of these portions of the prize for a prize of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason. If the Event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to either: (a) award the Trip as described in these Official Rules but without admission to the Event, which has no associated cash value; or (b) to change the dates of the Trip. GP Winner’s Guest must be at least 18 and the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence unless the GP Winner is the parent or legal guardian of such Guest. In the event that the GP Winner is the parent or legal guardian, the Guest must be at least eight (8) years of age to attend the Event. GP Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person, except at discretion of Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded; provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one prize per household. The Grand Prize, and all portions of the prize, are awarded without warranty of any kind, express or implied, without limitation. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GP WINNER. For tax reporting purposes, GP Winner must provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the GP Winner for the actual value of the prize received.
Trip Conduct: GP Winner and Guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The GP Winner and Guest shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The GP Winner and Guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event the GP Winner or Guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the GP Winner and Guest home with no further compensation.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from all eligible entries on or about August 12, 2014. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE IN AWARDING THE GRAND PRIZE. Potential GP Winner will be notified on August 13, 2014 after 12:30 pm PT via the phone number provided on the entry form and such phone number must be able to receive calls from a blocked or unknown number (the “Verification Call”). Potential GP Winner must answer the phone and accept the Verification Call. If the potential GP Winner does not answer the Verification Call on the first attempted outreach; there will be three (3) additional attempts to notify and verify the potential GP Winner within a two (2) hour time period. If the potential GP Winner does not answer any of the four (4) attempted Verification Calls or if a potential GP Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate GP Winner may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. The alternate potential GP Winner will be contacted in accordance with the aforementioned process. During the Verification Call, the potential winner will be required to verbally confirm eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, then within twenty-four (24) hours return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"). Additionally, the potential GP Winner and guest may be required to provide their Social Security Numbers for the purpose of submitting to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential GP Winner or guest will not, in the Sponsor’s’ sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential GP Winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Pending the results of the background check, the Sponsor reserves the right to withhold access to the Event, disqualify the potential GP Winner, or award the prize as described in the Official Rules, in its sole discretion. Guest (or parent/legal guardian is such Guest is the child of the GP Winner) will be required to verify address and to execute a Travel Companion Release, as directed by the Sponsor. Failure to return the executed Travel Companion Release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize.
Potential First Prize winners will be notified via email on or about August 13, 2014. Potential First Prize winner will be required to respond and directed and complete the applicable Prize Claim Documents. Failure of any potential winner to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedures, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that he or she may win, each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize or Sponsor’s programming, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, Twenty First Century Fox, Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., 19 Entertainment, dick clark productions, inc., Dance Nation Productions, Fox Digital Media, Unilever and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the producers of Sponsor’s programs; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize. Each Entrant authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming (including The X Factor and related programming) or promotional material, worldwide in any and all media in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sweepstakes Entity’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, release forms, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; (vi) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; or (vii) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor's representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. INDEMNITY: GP Winner and Guest shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) GP Winner’s or Guest’s participation in the Sweepstakes and grand prize trip; (b) a breach or allegation which, if true, would constitute a breach of any of GP Winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
9. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
10. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “ Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the participant and Sponsor. The arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the participant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the participant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to " DO:MORE at the SYTYCD Finale Sweepstakes" Winner's List/Rules, 189 South Orange Ave, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than September 30, 2014. Vermont residents may omit return postage.