Raising HopeTM Clean Sweep! Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
following promotion is intended for participants in the forty-eight (48)
contiguous United States
only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States.
Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States.
Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules ("Official Rules") below.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Raising HopeTM Clean Sweep! Contest” (the “Contest") is a photo and essay submission contest offering entrants the opportunity to submit both an original photo and essay for consideration as described below. The sponsor of this Contest is FOX Broadcasting Company ("Sponsor"), 10201 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90035. The administrator of this Contest is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 189 S. Orange Avenue, Ste. 1130A, Orlando, Florida 32801.
The Contest will flow as follows:
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and Washington, D.C. (i.e., excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified in the Entrant's submission. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the provided email address was opened, provided that person is featured in the Submission Materials (defined below). Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator and Twentieth Century Fox Television (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Contest void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited.
Each Photo must meet the following content guidelines:
Each Essay must meet the following content guidelines:
Submissions must meet the following Content Restrictions:
4. CONTEST JUDGING: Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges selected by Contest Entities (“Judging Panel”) beginning in conjunction with the Submission Period through October 17, 2012. All decisions of the Judging Panel are final on all aspects of the Contest. Submissions will be scored based on the following criteria:
1. Awkwardness/Humor of Photo 40%
2. Humor of Essay 20%
3. Composition of Essay 20%
4. Adherence of Submission to Contest theme 20%
5. PRIZE: Grand Prize Package (1): One Grand Prize is available consisting of the opportunity for the winner to be visited in his or her home by one (1) or more actors (“Talent”) featured in the sitcom “Raising Hope” (“Talent Visit”). During the Talent Visit, Sponsor will provide cleaning services for one (1) room inside the winner’s home (“Cleaning Service”), to be determined by the Sponsor, and provide lawn maintenance (“Lawn Service”) as detailed below:
Cumulative ARV of all prizing to be awarded in the Contest: $300.
As a condition of receiving the Grand Prize, the winner MUST
be willing to document and share his or her SUPER prize experience using a Flip
camera to be provided on loan by the Sponsor for such purpose (the "Assignment"). Further instructions
regarding the Assignment will be provided by the Sponsor prior to fulfillment
of the Grand Prize. The results and proceeds of the Assignment shall be the
exclusive property of Sponsor. The winner must sign a work-for-hire clause to
effectuate such rights, as provided in the “Release Agreement” (as defined
below). Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use the
results and proceeds of the Assignment, or to otherwise exploit the results and
proceeds of the Assignment or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or
exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the results
and proceeds of the Assignment for any reason, with or without legal justification
or excuse, and the winner shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief
by reason thereof.
Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person except at discretion of Contest Entities. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, or if Sponsor determines the winner’s home and/or lawn to be in need of an unreasonable amount of cleaning and/or maintenance, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded; provided, however, that if prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Contest Entities sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. The Grand Prize, and all portions of the prize, are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation. Talent Visit has no retail value and in the event that Talent is unavailable to participate in that portion of the Grand Prize then that element will be cancelled without substitution or compensation. Sponsor may elect to hire local cleaning and/or lawn maintenance providers in conjunction with or in lieu of having Talent perform these services.
Talent Visit will be scheduled at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and winner must be available to participate as directed or he or she may be deemed ineligible for the Contest and an alternate winner may be selected. Contest Entities reserve the right to change the date of the Talent Visit and to substitute any or all portions of the prize for a prize of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason. In addition, Sponsor may elect to invite members of the press and/or a professional film crew to document the Talent Visit and, in that event, winner may be required to provide additional releases as deemed necessary by the Sponsor at that time. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be contacted via phone and/or email on or about October 18, 2012. Winner will be required to respond as directed to the notification WITHIN 24 HOURS or the Entrant may be disqualified and a new potential winner will be selected by the Judging Panel. Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Potential Winner will be required to verify address and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, on-camera release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Release Agreement”), as well as provide Participant Releases on behalf of all persons who appear or are mentioned in the potential winner’s Submission, within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion. Additionally, the potential winner may be required to submit to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of employment history, criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential winner will not, in the Sponsor's' sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Pending the results of the background check, the Sponsor reserves the right to eliminate the Talent Visit from the Grand Prize, disqualify the potential winner, or award the prize as described in the Official Rules, in its sole discretion. A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned
7. DATES & DEADLINES/ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF CONTESTANTS: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Contest.
8. MATERIALS/RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of the Submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to Sponsor, their successors and assigns, all present and future full and free right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Submission and or any portion thereof for use and exploitation in any form, format or order alone or in conjunction with any other material for broadcast, duplication, and advertising, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter developed or devised worldwide and in perpetuity, including to the extent applicable (a) any information, biographical data, and material (e.g., the “creative” file or Submission) submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest; and (b) all graphics, statements, and quotations of or by Entrant and furnished by Entrant as part of this Contest (the “Material”). Each Entrant understands that his or her name and Material may be posted on the Contest Website or elsewhere in connection with Contest. Entrant agrees that the Contest Entities have no obligation to use a Submission or any Material. The Contest Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which the Contest Entities deems necessary or desirable, and each Entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges that such Entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the Submission. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant’s decision to provide the Submission to Contest Entities for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Contest Entities and Entrant, does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant’s Submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Contest Entities and Entrant is as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms. In addition, by participating in the Contest and providing a Submission, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Contest Entities to use Entrant’s Submission, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe.
9. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Contest Entities have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Contest Entities’ use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of a Contest Entities’ actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission or any other production based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the Entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
10. RIGHTS OF CONTEST ENTITIES/ DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Contest Entities, shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to air or cease to air any Submission whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof, does not fully comply with all of Contest Entities requirements in connection with any and all legal clearance issues, or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason. Contest Entities also reserve the right to replace the winning Submission with the Submission of an alternate eligible Entrant in accordance with these Official Rules if such Submission and/or Entrant is withdrawn from or removed from the Contest for any reason, including without limitation, Entrant’s failure to have documents executed as directed by the Contest Entities. Contest Entities also reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to adjust times and dates reflected in the Description Section of the Official Rules at any time and/or to terminate the Contest for any reason in the event that there is an error, problem or cause which impacts the operation, administration or security of the Contest or the Contest Entities and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from the eligible Submissions received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Contest Entities. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any materials provided by Entrants which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of the Submission creation. The Contest Entities are not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in connection with the Contest. The Contest Entities make no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or the accuracy or reliability of any information or statements contained in any Submission. All statements and opinions made by Entrants are those of such Entrants only, and the Contest Entities neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same. Contest Entities are not responsible for the content or practices of third party Web sites that may be linked to the Contest Website. This site may also be linked to Web sites operated by companies affiliated with Contest Entities. Visitors to those sites should refer to each site’s separate privacy policies and practices.
11. WARRANTY: It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each Entrant warrants and represents that Entrant’s Submission is solely owned by Entrant and solely created by Entrant for the purpose of entering this Contest, and that no other party has any rights or interest in the Submission. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Submission and any use thereof by the Contest Entities, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with programming, advertising, promotion and publicity, shall not infringe upon any statutory or common law copyright and shall not constitute a defamation, or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or infringement of any other right of any kind of any third party.
12. RELEASE: By participating, each Entrant agrees that the Contest Entities and each of their respective agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the producers of Sponsor’s programs, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, legal advisors and directors; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (“collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Contest; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (vi) acceptance, possession, or use of any grant, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Contest Entities. Contest Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or to disqualify any individual they finds, in their sole determination, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Contest Entities may suspend or discontinue the Contest if, in their sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Contest, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Contest. CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS CONTEST.
13. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with any third party action arising out of or in connection with (i) Entrant’s participation in the Contest, (ii) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Entrant’s representations, warranties or obligations herein, and/or (iii) acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from.
14. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
15. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the participant and Sponsor. The arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Contest. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the participant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the participant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein..
17. WINNERS/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Raising HopeTM Clean Sweep! Contest” Winners/Rules, 189 S. Orange Avenue, Ste. 1130A, Orlando, Florida 32801. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later December 31, 2012. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
This sweepstakes is in no way
sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or
Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and
not to Facebook or Twitter.